The Old Naval Store was built for the Australian Navy in 1935.
For quite a long time it's been leased to a variety of private businesses including a seed sprout factory, used to supply restaurants and supermarkets.
An indication of the building's original use is a cast cement crest in the middle of the front wall with the Latin motto, Non sibi sed patriæ.
This can be translated along the lines of maintaining an obligation to empire before self.
Non sibi sed patriæ was a favourite motto of the Reserve section of the Royal Australian Navy.